2017 Wyatt Fawley Open-Back Banjo
Wonderful, nearly brand new banjo by Wyatt Fawley that incorporate traditional aspects of Vega banjos and historical Lyon & Healy hardware.
Vega “Regent” style with bead brass ring. 11″ pot. Maple rim bound on bottom outside with tortoise. Excellent straight grain neck with Ebony stringer down center. Ebony heelcap with white and black layer above. Ebony peghead overlay and fingerboard, both with elaborate Vega-style engraved inlays. Peghead has star at the top of peghead, Gryphon in the center, and a trillium leaf near the nut. Fingerboard has the trillium leaf repeated at first fret, star repeating at 5th fret, and all other positions are intricate diamonds with a picture frame with a leaf in the center (see photos). Small frets, like early 1900’s. Flat fingerboard. Grained ivoroid binding along fingerboard with black line showing underneath. Bone nut. Nickel 5-star planetary tuners with matching ivoroid buttons. Newer no-knot tailpiece. Dowel stick construction, with no markings on dowel stick. 28-hook construction with shoes mounted to wooden rim. Stearns tanned hide head mounted by Wyatt Fawley.
*The shoes, hooks, and ball-end nuts are all authentic period hardware from an old Lyon and Healy banjo.
This is an outright wonderful banjo. Plays like a dream and sounds great. That old time magic, it’s all here. Anyone serious about open-back banjos will appreciate the tone and workmanship on this banjo.
No serial number. Comes with gig bag.
Ad Number 117416
Posted: Nov 12, 2017 01:15 PM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 428
Prior replies by this individual: 7
Other current ads by this individual:
• New Collings MT Mandolin
• 1988 Flatiron A-5 Mandolin
• Pre-Owned Kentucky KM-550 A-Style Mandolin w/Pickup
• Circa 1980 Bob Brook A Mandolin
• White Mountain 11" Open-Back Banjo
• C. 1975 Ode Style 0 Oval-Hole Mandolin
• Used Gibson Flint Hill Special
• Used Gibson Retro RB-4
• 2003 Collings Om-3H BaaaA Sunburst Guitar
• New OME Minstrel 12" Banjo
• New Weber Yellowstone A Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware Oval Hole B-Model Mandola
• 2003 Gilchrist Model 5X F Mandolin
• Recent Gold Tone Ot-800 5-Str Banjo
• 1950 Gibson A-50 Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware Oval Hole B-Model Mandolin
• 1979 R.L. Givens F-5 Mandolin
• 1942 Gibson A-50 Mandolin - Sale Priced