C. F. Martin 0-18 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1959)
C. F. Martin 0-18 Model Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1959), made in Nazareth, PA, serial # 168016, natural lacquer finish, mahogany back and sides, spruce top; mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, original black chipboard case.
This is a lovely little 0-18 from the height of the "Folk era" when the Kingston Trio made the Martin guitar the height of fashion. The mahogany body carries traditional Martin features including the old-style tortoise celluloid binding and pickguard, long-saddle Brazilian rosewood bridge and a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. The peghead corners are the rounded style typical of the period, with the face adorned with the "CF Martin" gold decal on the face and Grover openback Sta-Tite tuners with hexagonal bushings. This is a superb playing and sounding guitar, far better preserved than most from this period.
Overall length is 39 in. (99.1 cm.), 13 1/2 in. (34.3 cm.) wide at lower bout, and 4 1/4 in. (10.8 cm.) in depth at side, taken at the end block. Scale length is 24 3/4 in. (629 mm.). Width of nut is 1 11/16 in. (43 mm.). This is a superbly clean guitar, with only very light wear, some very small repairs and no modifications. There is one very small cleated pickguard crack on the lower edge and a tiny grain crack with a barely noticeable touch up on the treble side of the lower bout. The back center seam looks lto have been resealed at the top end. There are no other repairs in fact very little sign of much use at all other than a bit of wear to the fingerboard in the lower positions. A very fine playing and sounding 0-18, complete with the original chipboard case in way better than average condition. Excellent + Condition.
Ad Number 118412
Posted: Dec 6, 2017 09:08 AM CDT
233 Butler Street
Brooklyn NY 11217
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 628
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other current ads by this individual:
• C. F. Martin 0-15 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1961)
• C. F. Martin D-28 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1971)
• Gibson Style O Artist Arch Top Acoustic Guitar, C. 1919
• Gibson Style A-3 Carved Top Mandolin (1920)
• C. F. Martin 0-15 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1956)
• Gibson TB-3 Mastertone Conversion With Steve Huber Tone Ring
• Gibson J-45 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1951)
• C. F. Martin 0-42 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1929)
• Gibson A-4 Carved Top Mandolin (1913)
• Gibson F-4 Carved Top Mandolin (1928)
• Gibson RB-12 Top Tension 5 String Resonator Banjo (1996)
• C. F. Martin 00-21 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1932)
• Bacon & Day Silver Bell #1 Tenor Banjo (1938)
• National Triolian Resophonic Mandolin (1931)
• Gibson J-160E Flat Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar (1969)
• C. F. Martin HD-28 Custom Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1980)
• 1979 Monteleone Grand Artist
• Rickenbacker Hollow Body Electric Mandolin, C. 1939