Advanced Earl: And when we say "Earl" of course we're talking about Earl Scruggs, THE MASTER of the five-string banjo. He’s the one who gave us all the great licks you’ve been learning and many of the tunes. Every one from Bela Fleck to Cia Cherryholmes has at one time studied Earl.
The five selections presented here are chock full of new advanced-level licks. “Sally Goodwin” and “Foggy Mountain Special” in particular form the bedrock for much up-the-neck playing and improvising. “Sally Goodwin” will make your fiddling friends happy, while “Foggy Mountain Special” is a boogie-woggie tour de force.
These classic bluegrass tunes are not only for devoted Scruggs-style students. They are for anyone who wants to play at the higher-level jam sessions. When you trot out “Groundspeed” or “Pike County Breakdown,” other pickers will know there’s a serious banjo player in town. No Tab.
Sally Goodwin (two breaks), Groundspeed, Pike County Breakdown, Foggy Mountain Special. (2 hours)
DVD or Digital Download
Category: Banjo Accessories
Ad Number 125584
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 09:41 AM CDT
P.O. Box 2498
Winchester Virginia 22604
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 404
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other current ads by this individual:
• New Beginning Banjo Package From Murphy Method
• Murphy Method Banjo Camps
• Capos, Chords, And Theory For Beginners
• Texas-Style Fiddle Backup On Guitar - Taught By Jim Wood
• Beginning Mandolin - Murphy Method
• Great Banjo Tunes
• Jam Session Standards
• Ned Luberecki: Start With The Melody - Easy Solos
• High Breaks And Backup
• Kickstart Your Jamming
• C & Beyond: Improvising With Roly Polys In C
• Vamping - Beginning Banjo Backup
• New Beginning Banjo 1 (High Definition)
• Blackberry Blossom And Other Banjo Favorites
• Bill Monroe Style Mandolin
• Ralph Stanley Style Banjo
• Banjo Backup For Fiddle Tunes
• Pretty Good For A Girl: Women In Bluegrass