Gibson Earl Scruggs Standard 5 String Resonator Banjo, 1992
Gibson Earl Scruggs Standard Model 5 String Resonator Banjo, c. 1992, made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, serial # 1388, sunburst lacquer finish, laminated maple resonator, laminated maple rim; maple neck with ebony fingerboard, black hard shell case.
Overall length is 38 1/4 in. (97.2 cm.), 11 in. (27.9 cm.) diameter head, and 3 3/4 in. (9.5 cm.) in depth, measured at side of rim. Scale length is 26 1/2 in. (673 mm.). Width of nut is 1 1/4 in. (32 mm.).
This banjo has seen a decent amount of play but remains a very nice example of one of Gibson's best Mastertone re-issues. There are some parts changes consistent with an actual Scruggs-style player including variable-pitch Scruggs tuners for the second and third strings and a sliding capo for the fifth. The tailpiece is a newer clamshell style re-issue, and there is no armrest. All other parts appear original.
The finish shows some wear with small dings, rubs, and chips, most visibly on the headstock. The fingerboard has some small fills where railroad spikes for the fifth string were mounted and removed. The truss rod cover adorned with Earl Scruggs name has a small repair to the bottom screw flange. The interior label is signed by Scruggs and this is a very good playing and sounding banjo, a tribute to his name and Gibson's. Overall Excellent - Condition.
$3,500.00 + shipping
Ad Number 129039
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 09:40 AM CDT
233 Butler Street
Brooklyn NY 11217
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 825
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other current ads by this individual:
• Kalamazoo Kg-14 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar, C. 1937
• Gold Tone Gm-Custom Arch Top Mandolin (2014)
• C. F. Martin 00-17 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1953)
• Stradolin Arch Top Mandolin, C. 1950
• Gibson Lg-3 Adj. Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1961)
• Stahl Flat Back, Bent Top Mandolin, Made By Larson Brothers
• Gibson Hg-00 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1939)
• Gibson F-7 Carved Top Mandolin (1934)
• Gibson TB-3 Mastertone Conversion With Steve Huber Tone Ring
• Linus Guitars OM Orchesrta Model Flat Top Acoustic Guitar
• Gibson Advanced Jumbo Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1937)
• Gibson Style A- Carved Top Mandolin (1913)
• Vega Vegaphone Soloist Plectrum Banjo (1930)
• Gibson Es-125 Arch Top Hollow Body Electric Guitar (1950)
• Dyer Symphony Harp Style 25 Flat Back Mandolin
• 1948 C. F. Martin 000-28 Shaded Top Flat Top Guitar
• Gibson Lg-2 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar, C. 1948
• Gibson F-5 Carved Top Mandolin (1938)