1915 Gibson F2 Mandolin
This Gibson F2 is the epitome of Gibson’s Florentine mandolin style in the pre-Loar era. Painstakingly crafted with a carved spruce top finished in the classic Gibson black, he back and sides are carved out of birch with a red oak stain. The body scroll and matching pegged scroll are timeless classics of a bygone era.
This particular example shows the typical amount of pick marks, lightly checked varnish, and fret wear (first 5 frets only) of an often played, but well cared for instrument. The delicately inlaid Handel tuners are un-scarred and in great working order. The often disintegrated to dust pick guard is present, complete and un-damaged.
As one would expect from such an instrument, the sound is rich and robust, with the round, fat, lower notes of the oval hole Gibson design.
A truly wonderful, over 100 year old treasure for player or collector.
$2995 with newer foam core hard case.
Additional photos available upon request.
Ad Number 132813
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 04:28 PM CDT
Port Ludlow Washington 98365
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 156
Prior replies by this individual: 5
Other current ads by this individual:
• 1960s Framus Graciella Model 6/41 Mandolin
• 1920s Favilla 20-Fret Deluxe Tenor Banjo
• 1920s Epiphone Mandolin-Banjo
• 1945 Epiphone Emperor Archtop Guitar
• 1920s Epiphone "Concert" Banjo Uke
• 1931 Dobro Tenortrope Custom
• 1939 Gibson A-50 Wide-Body Mandolin
• 1955 Gibson F-12 Mandolin
• 1927 Epiphone Recording Art Deluxe Plectrum Banjo
• 1932 Epiphone Deluxe Arch Top Guitar
• 1912 Dyer Bros. Harp Guitar Model 8
• 1920 A. Galiano Mandolin By Raphael Ciani
• 1920s Chicago Soprano Uke
• 1922 Bacon FF Professional Mandolin-Banjo
• 1920s B&J Serenader Unique Tenor Guitar
• 1920s Martin 2K Soprano Ukulele
• 1940s Framus "Black Rose Baby Deluxe" Mandolin
• 1912 Gibson H-2 Mandola