Gibson H-2 Carved Top Mandola (1914)
Gibson H-2 Model Carved Top Mandola (1914), made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, serial # 32474, sunburst top, dark cherry stained back and sides finish, birch back and sides, spruce top; mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard, original black hard shell case.
Overall length is 28 in. (71.1 cm.), 11 1/4 in. (28.6 cm.) width, and 2 in. (5.1 cm.) in depth, measured at side of rim. Scale length is 15 3/4 in. (400 mm.). Width of nut is 1 1/4 in. (32 mm.). This beautiful red sunburst Mandola is nicely original and complete with the exception of the pickguard, which is missing, and the bridge which is a later adjustable Gibson piece. The beautiful original inlaid Handel tuners are still intact and work well. The original tailpiece and cover are present and accounted for.
There is one repaired back crack, cleanly resealed but still visible. There are a some minor chips and scrapes to the top finish, mostly on the treble side near the front edge. The finish retains a very nice and deep original color, and has fine checking but appears original except for some light clear overspray on the beck of the neck. There is a strap button added to the heel that could be easily removed and patched, if desired. This is an excellent playing and sounding Mandola, with very good projection and a well-rounded tone. Definitely one of the more attractive H-2's we have had, complete with the original HSC. Excellent Condition.
$3,750.00 + shipping
Ad Number 133393
Posted: Dec 28, 2018 09:25 AM CDT
233 Butler Street
Brooklyn NY 11217
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 916
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other current ads by this individual:
• Gibson F-5 Carved Top Mandolin (1938)
• C. F. Martin D-28 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar, C. 1969
• Gibson TB-1 Tenor Banjo (1923)
• W. A. Cole Eclipse Custom 5 String Banjo (1893)
• C. F. Martin D-28 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1954)
• D'Angelico Excel Cutaway Arch Top Acoustic Guitar (1958)
• C. F. Martin 000-28 Shaded Top Flat Top Acoustic Guitar 1948
• Circa 1938 Euphonon Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar, Larson
• Gibson Sj Southern Jumbo Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1952)
• Frank Proffitt Jr. 5 String Fretless Banjo (1975)
• Iucci Mellotone Grand Tenor Banjo, C. 1925
• Gibson H-4 Carved Top Mandola (1920)
• 1946 C. F. Martin D-28 Herringbone Flat Top Acoustic Guitar
• C. F. Martin 0-42 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1929)
• Wildwood Custom Bluegrass 5 String Banjo (1971)
• Bart Reiter Standard Fretless 5 String Banjo (2000)
• 1915 Dyer Symphony Harp Style 25 Flat Back Mandolin
• Gibson K-2 Carved Top Mandocello (1911)