1930 Embergher Model No. 2 Orchestral Bowlback Mandolin
Luigi Embergher (1856-1943) was one of Italy's premiere luthiers who built his wonderful instruments in Rome from 1888 to 1937.
This Orchestral No. 2 model, a mid-line instrument with simple appointments, has a radiused fretboard with an ultra-slim, fast, v-shaped neck, 15/16” wide with a scale length of 13”. The top is of high grade Italian Spruce, with tight grain equal to the top-of-the-line Embergher models with a beautiful 30-ribbed rosewood back.
Original Embergher mandolins are considered by many classical players to be the "Stradivarius" of bowlbacks. This rare 1930 model is In excellent condition, devoid of nicks, scratches and abrasions with minimal fret wear.
The tone is magnificent, rich and sonorous.
$1,950.00 with original hard case.
Additional photos available upon request.
Ad Number 133478
Posted: Dec 30, 2018 02:28 PM CDT
Port Ludlow Wa.
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 156
Prior replies by this individual: 5
Other current ads by this individual:
• 1960s Framus Graciella Model 6/41 Mandolin
• 1920s Favilla 20-Fret Deluxe Tenor Banjo
• 1920s Epiphone Mandolin-Banjo
• 1945 Epiphone Emperor Archtop Guitar
• 1920s Epiphone "Concert" Banjo Uke
• 1931 Dobro Tenortrope Custom
• 1939 Gibson A-50 Wide-Body Mandolin
• 1955 Gibson F-12 Mandolin
• 1927 Epiphone Recording Art Deluxe Plectrum Banjo
• 1932 Epiphone Deluxe Arch Top Guitar
• 1912 Dyer Bros. Harp Guitar Model 8
• 1920 A. Galiano Mandolin By Raphael Ciani
• 1920s Chicago Soprano Uke
• 1922 Bacon FF Professional Mandolin-Banjo
• 1920s B&J Serenader Unique Tenor Guitar
• 1920s Martin 2K Soprano Ukulele
• 1940s Framus "Black Rose Baby Deluxe" Mandolin
• 1912 Gibson H-2 Mandola