1939 Gretsch Synchromatic 400 Archtop Guitar
Here's something so rare that we haven't seen one before, a wonderful vintage top-of-the-line Gretsch Synchormatic sunburst 18” archtop with a carved spruce top and highly flamed five-piece maple neck, back & sides. The ebony fretboard is adorned with mother-of-pearl bisected cloud inlays.
This is the classic pre-war design, with the rare “light bulb” peghead, multi-layered body binding and the large “cat's eye” sound holes. The instrument is in fine condition with exact replica hardware, including Grover Imperial tuners, stepstair bridge and harp tailpiece.
This beauty plays like a dream and the sound is impressive as well. Good, strong fundamental, enhanced by overtones that provide excellent separation.
The original case is included with its unique heel resting block, however the hinges are detached from the lid, nothing that a little TLC couldn’t rectify.
$7,500.00 with original hard case.
Additional photos available upon request.
Ad Number 133479
Posted: Dec 30, 2018 02:33 PM CDT
Port Ludlow Wa. 98365
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 156
Prior replies by this individual: 5
Other current ads by this individual:
• 1960s Framus Graciella Model 6/41 Mandolin
• 1920s Favilla 20-Fret Deluxe Tenor Banjo
• 1920s Epiphone Mandolin-Banjo
• 1945 Epiphone Emperor Archtop Guitar
• 1920s Epiphone "Concert" Banjo Uke
• 1931 Dobro Tenortrope Custom
• 1939 Gibson A-50 Wide-Body Mandolin
• 1955 Gibson F-12 Mandolin
• 1927 Epiphone Recording Art Deluxe Plectrum Banjo
• 1932 Epiphone Deluxe Arch Top Guitar
• 1912 Dyer Bros. Harp Guitar Model 8
• 1920 A. Galiano Mandolin By Raphael Ciani
• 1920s Chicago Soprano Uke
• 1922 Bacon FF Professional Mandolin-Banjo
• 1920s B&J Serenader Unique Tenor Guitar
• 1920s Martin 2K Soprano Ukulele
• 1940s Framus "Black Rose Baby Deluxe" Mandolin
• 1912 Gibson H-2 Mandola