1959 Martin 00-18 Guitar
This is a real good 00-18 for strumming, flatpicking or fingerpicking.
VG condition. SN# 167825.
Width at nut 1 11/16″. Pin spacing 2 1/8″.
This a great sounding old Martin 00-18 guitar from 1959.
Mahogany back, sides and neck, with spruce top. Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, peghead veneer, and replacement bridge. The fretboard has graduated pearl dot inlays. Frets are in good shape with light wear. Some usual fingernail wear on the fingerboard. Nickel open-back Grover G-95 tuners appear to be original. Repaired pickguard crack in top. Several other top cracks between bridge and binding which have been repaired very tightly and level. Evidence of overspray on the top. Marred finish around the bridge tell the story of amateur lutherie work which has been professionally and effectively repaired. This amateur work included installation of a trapeze tailpiece and an over-large bridge, both now removed. Three expertly-filled screw hole marks remain where this tailpiece was removed. The replacement bridge is elegant with style and quality true to the build period of the guitar.
This is a wonderful guitar. In the short time since it was received in the store we’ve heard comments about how great it sounds.
Comes with a good hard case.
Ad Number 136604
Posted: Mar 12, 2019 11:05 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 267
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other current ads by this individual:
• Apitius Grand Artist F Model Mandolin
• Pono Octave Mandolin Mnd-20H
• 1996 "Givens Legacy" A-6 Mandolin By Steve Weill
• Used Mid-Missouri M-0 Mandolin
• Old Wave C# Two-Point Oval Hole Mandolin - Sale
• Don Dryer A Model Mandolin #12
• Collings MF5 Deluxe Varnish Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware B Mandolin
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin - Reduced
• 1935 Martin 000-28 Guitar
• 1964 Gibson Pb-250 Special Plectrum Banjo
• New Don Dryer Mandolin A-5 No. 11
• 1922 Vega Tubaphone 5-String Banjo
• 2006 Will Kimble F-5 Mandolin "Butch Baldassari" #2 Of 5
• 1938 Gibson J-35 Guitar w/ Hc
• C. 1970's R.L. Givens Kit Mandolin (A-3)
• Custom Mastertone Style Mahogany Banjo - Wreath Inlays
• 2000 Harold Kolbeck A-Model Mandolin