Custom Mastertone Style Mahogany Banjo - Wreath Inlays
Good solid handmade Mahogany Mastertone style banjo with Wreath Inlays.
Mahogany 5-string banjo with cream binding along fingerboard and top and back of resonator. Concentric circles in back of resonator.
Double-cut peghead with Gibson logo at top and Wreath pattern inlays. Flat Gabon Ebony fingerboard with Wreath inlays and “Mastertone” block at 15th fret.
Ebony heelcap with floral inlay pattern.
Nickel Gotoh tuners with matching pearloid buttons. R.R. spikes at A, B, C & D positions.
All Nickel hardware. Currently set-up with fiberskyn head.
This banjo was made by a local craftsman who is a lifelong musician. He built lots of banjos and banjo necks.
All parts and methods are “correct”, meaning there is nothing to “fix” or to change.
The sound is very good. Comes with good HC.
Ad Number 136697
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 10:41 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 253
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other current ads by this individual:
• 1966 Gibson Em-200 Electric Mandolin
• 2014 Collings MT2 Mandolin
• 1938 Gibson J-35 Guitar w/ Hc
• C. 1970's R.L. Givens Kit Mandolin (A-3)
• 2000 Harold Kolbeck A-Model Mandolin
• 1959 Martin 00-18 Guitar
• 1936 Martin D-18 Guitar
• Apitius Grand Artist F Model Mandolin
• 2001 Prucha Premium Open Back Banjo
• Montana-Made Weber Special Edition F Model Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware A Mandolin
• 2000 Harold Coldbeck A-Model Mandolin
• 1930 Gibson Flathead Style 3 Conversion Banjo - Reduced
• 1924 Gibson A-4 Snakehead
• 2006 Prucha Bat Presentation Banjo
• New Blues Hardware Oval Hole B Mandolin - Sale
• C. 1980 Bob Brook A Mandolin - Sale
• C. 1975 Ode Style 0 Oval-Hole Mandolin - Sale