1938 Gibson J-35 Guitar w/ Hc
Exc. Condition. Serial number DG-5509.
Width at nut: 1 3/4″
There is moderate lacquer checking throughout the body, and a repaired center seam crack in the top. There are some scratches on the back, but most are very minor. There are also a couple of small scratches on the back of the neck. No wear on the frets. Neck has recently been expertly reset by John Joyner, and the playability and sound are both wonderful.
Adirondack Spruce top with single binding. Mahogany back, sides and neck. Back also has single binding. Original Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays. Original Brazilian Rosewood bridge. Original tuners, fire stripe pickguard. Finish is original, but has lacquer spot fills in several places on the top (see photos).
The sound is great. Wide-open with great balance and power in both the low and high end.
MP3 streaming sample on our web site.
Ad Number 136829
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 09:50 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 267
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other current ads by this individual:
• Apitius Grand Artist F Model Mandolin
• Pono Octave Mandolin Mnd-20H
• 1996 "Givens Legacy" A-6 Mandolin By Steve Weill
• Used Mid-Missouri M-0 Mandolin
• Old Wave C# Two-Point Oval Hole Mandolin - Sale
• Don Dryer A Model Mandolin #12
• Collings MF5 Deluxe Varnish Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware B Mandolin
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin - Reduced
• 1935 Martin 000-28 Guitar
• 1964 Gibson Pb-250 Special Plectrum Banjo
• New Don Dryer Mandolin A-5 No. 11
• 1922 Vega Tubaphone 5-String Banjo
• 2006 Will Kimble F-5 Mandolin "Butch Baldassari" #2 Of 5
• C. 1970's R.L. Givens Kit Mandolin (A-3)
• Custom Mastertone Style Mahogany Banjo - Wreath Inlays
• 2000 Harold Kolbeck A-Model Mandolin
• 1959 Martin 00-18 Guitar