PDA

View Full Version : Piney Ridge-Fiddle, Cello and Banjo

Nick Hornbuckle
May-02-2016, 8:20pm
Hi folks,
Great to see the newest member of the 'Cafe' family! I'd like to share a video I did with a couple of exceptional musicians, Katie David Henderson-fiddle and Eric Wright-cello. We collaborated on the old time tune 'Piney Ridge' from our homes in Colorado, Los Angeles and Nanaimo, BC. I hope you like the result, Nick

https://youtu.be/SvSV47ORfs4

Tobin
May-03-2016, 6:44am
I hope you like the result

If I said I liked it, I'd be lying. I loved it! I'm not sure what I was expecting out of a banjo/cello/fiddle combination, but the best word that comes to mind is that it was "moving". Very elegantly done.

I've noticed more and more folks in the past few years doing collaborations like this. The technology still amazes me. But having musicians who can "get together" via the internet and put together a wonderful piece of music using digital recording devices and computers, assembled and mixed on a home computer, is very cool.

Nick Hornbuckle
May-04-2016, 7:31am
I've noticed more and more folks in the past few years doing collaborations like this. The technology still amazes me. But having musicians who can "get together" via the internet and put together a wonderful piece of music using digital recording devices and computers, assembled and mixed on a home computer, is very cool.

Thanks for your kind words Tobin! The possibilities presented by the internet are dazzling and deeply inspiring. Virtual collaborations, concerts, multi media events and more. The only barriers are access, to both bandwidth and technology, and knowledge of how to use said bandwidth and technology.
I am looking forward to learning how to use this amazing resource and very curious to see how it will inspire me...I believe we are at the very beginning of the very beginning! Nick

DoctorB
May-10-2016, 5:03pm
Wow, what a great piece of music. Thanks!