• New in Print - Classical Themes for Banjo

Expand your horizons with this collection of 20 famous classical melodies arranged for three-finger style 5-string banjo.

Milwaukee, Wi. — The Hal Leonard Corporation has announced the publication of Classical Themes for Banjo - 20 Pieces Arranged for three-finger style 5-String Banjo arranged by Mark Phillips and Jim Schustedt.

Each piece is written in banjo tablature and includes rhythm notation, chord symbols and right hand fingerings.

Contents

• Air On The G String (J.S. Bach)
    • Ave Maria (Schubert)
    • Ave Maria (Gounod)
    • Canon In D (Pachelbel)
    • Dance Of The Hours (Ponchielli)
    • Fur Elise (Beethoven)
    • The Happy Farmer (Schumann)
    • Harmonious Blacksmith (Handel)
    • In The Hall Of The Mountain King (Grieg)
    • Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring (J.S. Bach)
    • Minuet (Boccherini)
    • Ode To Joy (Beethoven)
    • Pomp And Circumstance (Elgar)
    • Rondeau (Mouret)
    • Spring (Vivaldi)
    • Theme From Swan Lake (Tchaikovsky)
    • Symphony No. 40 In G Minor, First Movement Excerpt (Mozart)
    • Trumpet Tune (Purcell)
    • Trumpet Voluntary (Clarke)
    • The Wild Horseman, Op. 68, No. 8 (Schumann)

Additional information

Skill level for this resource has been evaluated as Intermediate with sample pages available on the Hal Leonard web site.

Comments 2 Comments
      BanjoBelle -
      I love seeing the banjo being taken in these directions-would be cool to learn some of these & do a duet with a cellist or something......
      BanjoBelle -
      I purchased a copy of this book and it's excellent - easy to play arrangements that you can spice up if you want to,and just as important- the TAB is a size that is comfy for middle aged and beyond eyes to read. Lovely selection of compositions and I love baffling the neighbors by pickin Beethoven on the porch!