• New Music from the Kruger Brothers - Lucid Dreamer

The Kruger Brothers new release is a concerto for banjo, guitar, bass and string quartet composed by the always-adventurous, banjo man Jens Kruger, featuring the Kruger Brothers band and members of the Kontras Quartet.

Lucid Dreamer was composed for banjo, guitar and bass with string quartet, resulting in a thirty-three minute work with seven movements, a commission by the Kontras Quartet.

The project was made possible by Chamber Music America Classical Commissioning Program, with general funding provided by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the Chamber Music America Endowment Fund.

About the recording, Jens Kruger said on the band's web site, "I think the new concerto is more musically complex, than anything I’ve ever written. The piece that took more than a year to write. I don't think it's less accessible, but it has a lot more complex parts."

Tracks

• The Gate of Memory
    • The Gate of Song
    • The Gate of Dance
    • Covenant of the Muses
    • Ai Sight
    • Margarete
    • Council of the Migrant Jesters

Lucid Dreamer is a musical interpretation of experiencing a waking state of reverie. The music is a delicate idea that gathers strength and takes flight, releasing the listener from the surly bonds of earth as it soars, dips and glides like a flock of birds.

Additional information