• New Music from John McEuen - Made in Brooklyn

New Music from John McEuen - Made in Brooklyn

Nashville, Tenn. — Multi-Grammy award winning music legend John McEuen has announced a September 30 release for his sixth solo project, Made in Brooklyn on Chesky Records.

The 16-track collection of signature originals and songs from yesteryear was created in similar fashion to the landmark Will The Circle Be Unbroken and will appeal to all genres and all generations.

"With the Circle projects, my brother Bill's production method put all the players in a circle, with all the mics mixed live to two tracks. The highest quality method at the time — it made listeners feel like they were sitting in the front row of a small concert," McEuen said. "The Chesky technology utilizes just one special binaural mic and the performers circle around it; the listener feels like they're in the band."

Made in Brooklyn showcases signature originals (such as "Miner's Night Out," "Acoustic Traveller" and "Jule's Theme,") while paying homage to John's roots with "Blue Ridge Cabin Home" (Flatt & Scruggs), "I Still Miss Someone," (Johnny Cash), "She Darked The Sun" (Bernie Leadon/Gene Clark) and Warren Zevon's "Excitable Boy." The contemporary, fresh rendition of "Mr. Bojangles" (one of McEuen's all-time favorite songs) spotlights David Bromberg's vocal performance, Andy Goesling on clarinet and David Amram on flute. A special gem is "My Favorite Dream," a never-heard nor recorded Felice and Boudleaux Bryant song brought to John by their son, Del Bryant. In McEuen's opinion, "this is a tune that has been overlooked and will become a new classic standard."

The Musicians

• John McEuen (producer, guitar/mandolin/banjo/fiddle/vocals)
    • David Bromberg (An icon on acoustic guitar and slide and other magical notes/vocals)
    • Steve Martin (Plays banjo on the Warren Zevon's "Dirty Life and Times.")
    • David Amram (At 85, this American jazz/folk/classical treasure has recorded and performed with everyone who'sanyone. David plays pennywhistle, flute and percussion.)
    • John Cowan (New Grass Revival's lead vocalist, Cowan, is McEuen's all-time favorite lead singer.)
    • John Carter Cash (Johnny and June's son)...The two Johns pay homage to his father with "I Still Miss Someone."
    • Martha Redbone (Martha and John wrote the music for "I Rose Up," a classic 1807 poem of England's William Blake.)
    • Jay Ungar (A fiddle virtuoso, composer of "Ashoken's Farewell")
    • Andy Goessling (Plays clarinet/mandolin/zither/sax/dobro; a member of Railroad Earth)
    • Matt Cartsonis (Matt's acrobatic and acerbic vocals are the perfect match to his guitar and mandola talents)
    • Skip Ward (Dubbed the "top bass man" in the New York area)
    • Kevin Twigg (Plays drums and percussion)
    • Lars (Lars is all ears!)

Additional Information