• Bela Fleck Presents The Blue Ridge Banjo Camp

Béla Fleck Presents: Blue Ridge Banjo CampBrevard, N.C. — Béla Fleck presents the inaugural Blue Ridge Banjo Camp taking place at Brevard Music Center in Brevard, August 15-19, 2018.

The camp will feature 3 days and 4 four nights of diverse banjo instruction by Béla himself alongside a cast of world class banjo players/instructors.

The week will culminate with a finale concert held in the beautiful Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium. The instructional focus will be on the three distinct styles of three-finger banjo playing: Scruggs, melodic, and single string.

The Blue Ridge Banjo Camp will provide banjo players with the tools to improve their playing and aims to contribute to the overall growth of the fine art of the 5-String banjo.

Additional instructors are Tony Trischka, Kristin Scott Benson, and Mike Munford.

About the camp Béla said, "The Blue Ridge Banjo Camp is my chance to put together an amazing team of 3 finger banjoist/teachers, to pass along what we’ve each been learning, over the years. I'm looking forward to expanding the teaching side of what I do, and thankful to have an amazing venue in which we can share our love, fascination, and curiosity about music and the 5 string banjo."

Additional Information

Bela Fleck