Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Banjo Cafe Forum has closed

Thanks to those of you who have visited. Today we're taking steps to close the Banjo Cafe forum. The rest of the site will remain in operation since much of it is static, with exception for the...
  2. Replies
    Views

2016 Winfield Banjo Contest Winners

1st Place Winner: Matt Davis
    City/State/Zip: Murfreesboro, TN
    Prize Instrument Selected: The Ome Oracle Bluegrass Banjo provided by Ome Banjos of Boulder, CO

2nd Place: Steve Lewis...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: When to replace strings?

"Mandolin wire"* - the name used to define the type of wire used for musical instruments - is very elastic. You many notice that when you install new strings, once a string is pulled snug, you keep...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Your Favorite Strings

Have been using GHS PF175s for the last couple years. Just tried a set of D'Addario EJ61NY and got to say I like the sound better. My 4th "D" string really growls now.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Adding images, PDFs, MP3s, etc. to posts

It's not you. It's not this Forum software. It's your browser... everyone's browser. Pretty common occurrence. Mandolin Cafe explained this in a blog posting a few years ago.
  6. Replies
    Views

Piney Ridge-Fiddle, Cello and Banjo

Hi folks,
    Great to see the newest member of the 'Cafe' family! I'd like to share a video I did with a couple of exceptional musicians, Katie David Henderson-fiddle and Eric Wright-cello. We...
  7. Replies
    Views

Got 9 minutes?

Give a watch and find out why Harry Reser is a legend in the bigger world of banjo that might not be what you're used to. Then come over and see what we have about him in our historical database that...
  8. Re: Giving away free Banjo Cafe case stickers right now

We are so putting that on Facebook and Twitter.

:)
  9. Re: Melodic "Keith" Style Compared to Scruggs Style.

Classic banjo is the term that players use to refer to those five-string banjo compositions, roughly between the 1870's and into the first decades of the 20th century, from English and American...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: 2016 NAMM Show

I'm thinking a few cartoons might be in order very soon around here !