Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Irish Tenor Banjo - what have you got?

OME custom tenor banjo. It's has a 12" Juniper pot with a Silverspun tone ring, mahogany neck and resonator.

2. Replies
    Views

My first two tenors were short scale. I could never decide if a 19 fret was for me - the odd hour here and there in a music shop couldn't decide it for me. Then a local music shop had a half price...
  3. Replies
    Views

Jill -- My Deluxe was mahogany neck and res as well, and in gloss finish; Sierra was the same thing only in satin finish. This was before they reissued them a couple of years ago with more bling on...
  4. Replies
    Views

Attention fans of Celtic music

May 2, 2012, Thistle and Shamrock broadcast a terrific show entitled Mando Banjo Magic. Grab some headphones and tell the boss at work Monday you're taking an online tutorial on team building,...
  5. Re: What Irish Traditional Banjo Player(s) have influenced you?

If you haven't checked out Angelina Carberry you need to! Her album with Martin Quinn is what made me want to play tenor. A raucous rolling album if I ever heard one :P
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite banjo specific dealers

I like Smakula Fretted Instruments, http://www.smakula.com/index.html. Bob specializes in banjos, but also has guitars, mandolins, and other instruments. He has some century old banjos that he has...