Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Grundy

by Jim Pankey
    Replies
    Views

Re: Grundy

Can't go wrong with any of your choices. I was, however, quite impressed with Grundy's workmanship. It's a step above the Gibson in fit and finish. The one thing that still sticks out in my mind...
  2. Thread: Grundy

by Ivan Kelsall
    Replies
    Views

One brand that you might care to check out are the Gold Star banjos. I've played a Stelling Bellflower for close to 30 years,but when the Gold Star 're-issue' banjos,made in China, came out about 11...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Classic style banjo

Hi are you a member of the American Banjo Fraternity as am I. The classic name for the banjo style is a recent development since the 1970s or e3ven 80s. I do a lot of banjo history research...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Great rock tune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2ucr74YNk
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Year of the banjo

Plus Steve Martin is really putting the banjo out there for the 'normal' public. They did a piece on him on the CBS Sunday Morning show a few weeks ago that was really great. Good exposure for the...
  6. Re: Melodic "Keith" Style Compared to Scruggs Style.

I agree! Scruggs is da man!!!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Year of the banjo

Saw Keith Urban playing slide on an electric git-Jo on the CMAs the other night so maybe you're right!

though I think Mumford and sons already really bumped up the popularity of banjos
  8. Thread: Grundy

by Jen
    Replies
    Views

We are in a Renaissance of banjo builders right now and your choices are wide. I have a '27 Gibson, a Stelling Golden Cross, and a Yates as my main bluegrass banjos. All are excellent, but I would go...
  9. Replies
    Views

After I put the nylon strings on my banjo, it caused the action to be way too high. After talking with Tanya at Ome, I sent it to them for setup. They did several things to the banjo, as it was used...
  10. Replies
    Views

"Classic" banjo is not the same as "classical" banjo. It is typically played with 3 finger style and no picks. Nylon strings are used instead of steel strings, and gives that old time sound. Also,...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: MF Knipp - 1929 - RB-Granada - 9475-1

Pearl?
  12. Thread: Grundy

by Banjo Cafe
    Replies
    Views

Grundy
  13. Thread: Grundy

by Grubstake
    Replies
    Views

Based on my experience, I like the Ome banjos. I am not familiar with the Grundy line.
  14. Replies
    Views

Custom Ome Flora

Hi all, I'll start this show...

About 2 years ago I decided to learn clawhammer and quickly ordered a custom instrument from Ome. It has the aesthetics of the Flora model but with the addition of...