Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Banjo Cafe Forum has closed

Thanks to those of you who have visited. Today we're taking steps to close the Banjo Cafe forum. The rest of the site will remain in operation since much of it is static, with exception for the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Great article by Alison Brown

From PBS -

Column: A banker-turned-banjo player finds payoff in her passion

3. Replies
    Views

Deering Vega Senator Improv

I just got a Deering Vega Senator Open Back 5-string, so here's a little video of some improvisation. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/09YbR7Z1QlM
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your Banjo Cafe ball cap

Cool picture! I was a Red Sox fan as a kid. Your camera device doesn't understand EXIF. Exchangeable Image File Format. Explanation here which is really TMI for most of us.

5. Replies
    Views

Re: Well, I did it...

I've always played by ear (such as the efforts on instruments could be called 'playing'), so that's not an issue. I like Longblackveil said, there was a time when there were no frets, and thousands...
  6. Re: Banjo-related recommendations for NYC, DC, Charlotte?

http://www.turtlehillbanjo.com/
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip thumb picks

I use ACRI finger picks and used an ACRI thumb pick for a long time. I tried using Golden Gate thumb picks, but they break for me after just a few hours. The problem---My hands are very large, so the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Banjo method books? (for any style)

The Following:

"Straight Ahead Jazz", Pat Cloud................... Mel Bay
    "Melodic Clawhammer Banjo, Ken Perlman...... Centerstream
    "Clawhammer Style Banjo" , Ken Perlman................
  9. Replies
    Views

Piney Ridge-Fiddle, Cello and Banjo

Hi folks,
    Great to see the newest member of the 'Cafe' family! I'd like to share a video I did with a couple of exceptional musicians, Katie David Henderson-fiddle and Eric Wright-cello. We...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: A couple of old family photos...

The first picture would have been taken around 1946 and is of my mom and my uncle (holding the banjo) -- I actually have that banjo; it was the banjo I learned my rolls and chords on. It's a Stella. ...
  11. Replies
    Views

Attention fans of Celtic music

May 2, 2012, Thistle and Shamrock broadcast a terrific show entitled Mando Banjo Magic. Grab some headphones and tell the boss at work Monday you're taking an online tutorial on team building,...
  12. Replies
    Views

Made a banjo album - wanted to share!

I made a banjo instrumental album out here at New, Improved Studio in Oakland California with a sweet band, buncha hoosiers. We recorded it live in a day. I named it Thank You Bird Snider as a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Got 9 minutes?

Give a watch and find out why Harry Reser is a legend in the bigger world of banjo that might not be what you're used to. Then come over and see what we have about him in our historical database that...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: YouTube instructional videos

My father and I have been teaching on YouTube since '06. With 4,393,134 views we must be doing something right. https://www.youtube.com/user/Dobro33H

There are almost 700 videos on my channel. In...