Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Where are the banjo pluckin' ladies?

Welcome, Cynthia!

For those that are unfamiliar with her music, we'd say a good introduction into Cynthia Sayer would be her Piano Jazz episode on NPR. A delightful hour of music and discussion...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Beyond the Waterfall is due out soon!

Not at this time. MB is not wanting to add recorded material to new projects at the moment though I imagine some consumer pressure might change this. Even the older books are now going to online...
  3. Replies
    Views

Beyond the Waterfall is due out soon!

Hi Folks,

My new book, Beyond the Waterfall: Extraordinary Tunes for Fiddle and Clawhammer Banjo is at the printers! Expected release is about 2 weeks away. I'll be taking pre-orders for this...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Truss rod question

DoctorB... Gibson's truss rod system was designed by Thaddeus "Ted" McHugh and was awarded a US Patent in Feb of 1923. It was McHugh's idea to embed the truss rod in an arc in which the peghead-end...
  5. 1928 Vega Little Wonder, just arrived today

I will take some pictures in a day or two, picked this up from Bob Smakula, and its a dandy.

W Fawley neck, original pot/hardware/dowel rod.

Really sweet, full of tone, and plays very well all...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hi from the UK !.

Hi all - A new 'old picker' here. I've been playing banjo (self taught) since 1963.I'm still a ''Banjo H*****t'' memebr,but i've 'lapsed'. However,having taken up mandolin close to 11 years ago,i've...