Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Where are the banjo pluckin' ladies?

Welcome, Cynthia!

For those that are unfamiliar with her music, we'd say a good introduction into Cynthia Sayer would be her Piano Jazz episode on NPR. A delightful hour of music and discussion...
  2. Replies
    Views

Purpose of this thread was a request from a member wanting to know if other ladies had signed up as members. Discussion immediately was derailed and is now going to get back on track. For those you...
  3. Thread: First time

by adamgross
    Replies
    Views

Re: First time

As a fellow banjo newbie let me give you one huge piece of advice. If you aren't 100% certain you're going to stick with it, get started on the cheapest banjo you can find and do not under any...
  4. Replies
    Views

Attention fans of Celtic music

May 2, 2012, Thistle and Shamrock broadcast a terrific show entitled Mando Banjo Magic. Grab some headphones and tell the boss at work Monday you're taking an online tutorial on team building,...
  5. Re: What Irish Traditional Banjo Player(s) have influenced you?

Here's a set from the Dave Cory & Eliot Grasso CD:
  6. Re: What Irish Traditional Banjo Player(s) have influenced you?

You might like Brona Graham. Check her out on YouTube . She is a fantastic Irish banjo player.
  7. Re: What Irish Traditional Banjo Player(s) have influenced you?

Oh, I think i'll have to do some research - never heard of all the names you mentioned!
    Gerry O'Connor's style is great, very colourful. And quite different from the more straightforward style of...
  8. Replies
    Views

Delighted to see that you've picked up the banjo as well Loretta!
  9. Replies
    Views

Hi Jen

check out the website for the banjobabes-its a very upbeat, classy, event(calendar and CD) each year for female artists.
    the calendar is on heavy stock, excellent photography, each month...
  10. Replies
    Views

some slow clawhammer with soul

from two of my favorite players

Old Dog, by Chris Coole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=218tAJxg-jA

and a nice version of Old Dog from the gentle soul of Cathy Cress(check out her videos,...
  11. Giving away free Banjo Cafe case stickers right now

Decided we'd mail out some free stickers today. For the next 10 posts in this thread, if you're one of them we'll pick up the postage and send them to you. Just send us a private message (click on...
  12. Replies
    Views

Irish Tenor Banjo - what have you got?

I'm guessing most folk who play Irish and related styles will be doing so on a tenor banjo. There is of course nothing to stop you playing Irish tunes on a 5 string, but certainly on this side of the...