Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: First time

by adamgross
    Replies
    Views

Re: First time

As a fellow banjo newbie let me give you one huge piece of advice. If you aren't 100% certain you're going to stick with it, get started on the cheapest banjo you can find and do not under any...
  2. Thread: Welcome!

by DoctorB
    Replies
    Views

Re: Welcome!

New to here, obviously. Not new to banjo! Cool site.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: some slow clawhammer with soul

It just facilitates a particular tonal response. Lots of folks play Old-Time clawhammer style with a full fretboard. They usually just play over the head, since there's not much clearance over the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Never played before

Hi Rob!
    I love my Goodtime. It is no frills but really well built. Though I have not played the Americana, that larger rim is something you won't find in other (new) banjos in that price range...
  5. Replies
    Views

Howdy !!

Just wanted to drop a line and say Howdy to all you pickers out there. I'm located here in Midland Michigan, made a trip to Elderly's yeaterday to get spikes put in my banjo, played some real nice...
  6. Thread: First time

by MzLoretta
    Replies
    Views

Re: First time

I bought a Deering Goodtime Special open back 17 fret tenor banjo that I just love. Since I don't have experience with any other banjos, I'm glad you're getting some other suggestions. I had one...
  7. Replies
    Views

Today's road buddy...

Carpool lane? No problem...

8. Replies
    Views

some slow clawhammer with soul

from two of my favorite players

Old Dog, by Chris Coole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=218tAJxg-jA

and a nice version of Old Dog from the gentle soul of Cathy Cress(check out her videos,...
  9. Re: Giving away free Banjo Cafe case stickers right now

Picked a couple up @ Elderly today, thanks!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Electronic tuners

Here's a little about the new D'Addario Tuner. Ya'll would have read about that here first if we hadn't been blocking this big old site with some passwords back on January 25. We promise to not hide...
  11. Thread: Banjo newbie

by T.D.Nydn
    Replies
    Views

Re: Banjo newbie

Hey Carl,,it's good to get in early,,it won't be long before this is a busy site.its laid out much better than the other banjo one,,and much more cohesive,,,
  12. Thread: Welcome!

by MarkHawkins
    Replies
    Views

Like many others I too thought this was an April Fools joke but I'm sure glad it's not! I'm brand new to the banjo, recently traded my last remaining electric guitar for a Gold Tone BG -250f, it was...
  13. Thread: Welcome!

by Tobin
    Replies
    Views

It's great to have a sister site to the Mandolin Cafe for those of us who swing both ways, LOL!