Thread: Adding images, PDFs, MP3s, etc. to posts

Adding images, PDFs, MP3s, etc. to posts

There are two ways to add images to your posts. First, refer to the screen shot below and the two red areas we've highlighted:

Both add images to your post. The top highlighted area (the paper clip) gives you more control over your images. Your choice. The bottom one is simpler with fewer choices, the top more choices, more control.

Only the top choice really needs an explanation if you're uploading from your own computer (note, you can't do this on iPhones, they have no desktop!). To upload follow these steps:

1. First, click the Paper Clip icon. We already told you that, right?
    2. Click the "Add Files" button in the upper right-hand corner
    3. Click "Browse," locate the image and select it
    4. Click "Upload"
    5. Then... important, at the bottom of the dialogue box click "Insert Inline" and then "Done" to close the box.
    6. Now the image is inserted into your post

Feel free to use this thread to test your uploading skills. Don't worry, if you goof up we'll be around to assist.
    Banjo Cafe Administrator

Re: Adding images, PDFs, MP3s, etc. to posts

Is there a way to add YouTube videos by way of their iFrame embed code?

For that matter, are iFrames from any domain allowed at all?

If not, that would be a desirable feature...

Open a reply, click on the Go Advanced button, select the Youtube icon then add everything after the "v=" in the Youtube address. You get this. Is this what you're looking for?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeEdgerton For This Useful Post:

Not quite. I did see that feature for adding videos, etc. I'll email you privately to explain what I had in mind.

Many thanks!

I copied this - - -> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkgog91xI5k
    Then I pasted that URL into the video button in the reply box/ icon bar.

Last edited by dmiller; Apr-02-2016 at 6:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
    I copied this - - -> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkgog91xI5k
    Then I pasted that URL into the video button in the reply box/ icon bar.
    Perfect.
    Banjo Cafe Administrator

Yeah I saw all that yesterday. I've emailed privately with the site owner/admin what my specific question was, not necessarily related to videos but to iframes specifically; lots of things other than videos can be embedded in websites via iframes (audio players from BandCamp, SoundCloud, ReverbNation, for example, or embedded widgets from websites like the one I am developing) and that was the nature of my inquiry.

Anyway, question asked, questioned answered, via emails. No worries.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Eastes View Post
    Yeah I saw all that yesterday. I've emailed privately with the site owner/admin what my specific question was, not necessarily related to videos but to iframes specifically; lots of things other than videos can be embedded in websites via iframes (audio players from BandCamp, SoundCloud, ReverbNation, for example, or embedded widgets from websites like the one I am developing) and that was the nature of my inquiry.

Anyway, question asked, questioned answered, via emails.

Many thanks!
    At the bottom of any thread is a link to our BBCode. Any iframes action is going to have to be coded for that. Some are like SoundCloud which you cite.
    Banjo Cafe Administrator

Coolness. I'm still learning my way around here. I hope you don't mind the question.

iFrames is not a bid deal and it was just a question. There seems to be plenty of horsepower in the site from the get-go. It will take me a while to get used to the BB tools, I know lots of folks are used to it already from other forums, and I'm aware it's been around a long while, bit it's new to me. Seems to have lots of tools already available so bear with me as I learn what's available here now! Thanks.

I still struggle with picture rotation. I kinda figured my iPhone would work, but it always flips everything landscape. As for my other cameras, sometimes it'll flip 'em sometimes it don't...

Doesn't like my iPad...

For or what its worth it's oriented correctly in the editor before I post.

It's not you. It's not this Forum software. It's your browser... everyone's browser. Pretty common occurrence. Mandolin Cafe explained this in a blog posting a few years ago.
    Banjo Cafe Administrator

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo Cafe For This Useful Post:

But why does it show correctly in in the editor?

image.jpgimage.png

I know... Just suck it up. Lol