Thread: Has the cafe had its first NBD post yet?

Has the cafe had its first NBD post yet?

Just got this Recording King Madison banjo delivered from capos music today, and I wanted to sing the praises of both the banjo and the store

i just love this banjo, a big step up from the epiphone mb100 I've been learning on. The retail prices are only a couple of hundred bucks difference but the difference in quality is much more.

Capos was great too, their price was lower than everyone else and I got free railroad spikes/installation as well as a gig bag. So I paid less and I got more.

and the obligatory pics,I put a no knot on it just because I liked it on the epi. Not a huge difference tone wise really but it makes string changes easier and I like how it looks anyway

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Longblackveil For This Useful Post:

Tobin 

Re: Has the cafe had its first NBD post yet?

I think I beat you based on time of entry:
    http://www.banjocafe.net/forum/showt...-arrived-today

the Vega is new to me, but in reality its around 88 years old-so maybe it doesn't qualify as a NBD, oh well...............

Capo's is a neat shop, they are my friends and really neat folks.

Nice banjo!

d

Unhappy Re: Has the cafe had its first NBD post yet?

First, please, what is "NBD"? Second, the banjo looks great, but what model RK is it? Oops, never mind on the second -- I see it's a Madison. I'm used to numbers for the RK's...

Quote Originally Posted by RevSpyder View Post
    First, please, what is "NBD"? Second, the banjo looks great, but what model RK is it? Oops, never mind on the second -- I see it's a Madison. I'm used to numbers for the RK's...
    NBD=new banjo day

Quote Originally Posted by RevSpyder View Post
    Its an ot25. There's another Madison open back that doesn't have the scoop and has a frosted remo head as opposed to the fiberskyn on this model. I picked this one mainly because of the scoop, even though I don't play up there much right now, I'm still pretty new to the clawhammer thing and I might want to later. I don't foresee me buying another banjo later so I'm trying to think ahead.