Basic Music Theory For Banjo Players
This book is a "hands-on" approach to music theory with lots of playing examples for the banjo. Music theory does not have to be mysterious or difficult. In fact, taken a little bit at a time, it’s easy and fun! Each of the approximately 50 lessons in this book has a limited scope, but by the time you complete them, you will have a thorough understanding of the basics of music theory as applied to the banjo.
While a single book can't cover everything in so vast a subject, the author has tried to choose topics that will address the needs of most beginning banjo players. These include: scale theory, reading tablature and standard notation, key signatures, accidentals, transposition, time signatures and note values, intervals and chord construction, the three kinds of minor scales, pentatonic scales, and more. In addition, each chapter features playing examples and review questions to both test and clarify understanding of the materials presented.
Rather than proceeding from chapter to chapter, as each individual banjo player is likely at a different point in their musical journey, the reader is encouraged to “jump around and spend more time in those areas that interest you most.” The important thing about the journey is to begin.
Includes access to online audio and video.
eBook + Online Audio/Video $14.99
Book + Online Audio/Video $19.99
Category: Banjo Accessories
Ad Number 132060
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 09:29 AM CDT
Mel Bay Publications
1734 Gilsinn Lane
Fenton MO 63026
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 997
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other current ads by this individual:
• 25% Off All Mel Bay Titles
• Chris Thile - Stealing Second
• Deluxe Encyclopedia Of Mandolin Chords
• Somebody's Been Playing With That Thing
• 20% Off Mel Bay Products Through Jan. 14
• John Hartford's Old-Time Fiddle Favorites
• Guitar Setup, Maintenance & Repair
• Early American Classics For Banjo
• Theory And Improvisation For The Modern Mandolinist, Vol. 1
• Easy 2-Chord Songs For Mandolin (Book/CD Set)
• Guide To Octave Mandolin And Bouzouki (Book + Online Audio)
• Italian Folk Music For Mandolin
• The Art Of The Mountain Banjo
• A Guide To Non-Jazz Improvisation: Mandolin Edt.
• Parking Lot Picker's Play-Along: Guitar
• First Lessons Clawhammer Banjo By Dan Levinson
• Airs For The Seasons By James Oswald
• Banjo Method (Book + Online Audio)