Ads in violation of our guidelines are subject to immediately removal without notice and may result in permanent ban.
- You will post only items for sale, trade or in search of plucked, strummed or bowed string family instruments including banjo, mandolin, guitar, violin family, ukulele, resonator guitar, and general musical accessories (amps, tuners, mics, etc.). Ads for lessons--offering or looking for them are acceptable. Examples of items not allowed: pianos, drums, saxophones, the family washing machine, your 79 Chevy, etc. If in doubt about what is allowed, contact the site owner.
- Unless your product is successfully sold or traded, you should allow the ad to auto-expire at the end of 21 days (the minimum ad length) or more before resubmitting. The practice of "bumping" an ad to the top by deleting and resubmitting it is not permitted.
- Refrain from adding links within ads pointing to the Cafe's message board where pictures of your items you are selling appear. Leave the message board for discussions, and the classifieds for selling and buying.
- Dealers are permitted to post ads and should clearly identify themselves as dealers.
- Multiple ads for one instrument/product are not permitted.
- Trades in either direction involving non-stringed musical products are not allowed.
- Please do not post large groups of ads--five or more in a row at one time.
- Solicitating donations is not allowed. Exceptions may be made but *must* be clear with the site owner first.
- We do not accept ads requesting sale or trade of bootleg tapes.
- HTML is not allowed inside an Ad description and is removed by the program software.
- The practice of "baiting", ie., advertising one price and then increasing the price upon inquiry will not be tolerated.
- Faked copies of instruments with those company logos and those of other companies are not allowed.
- We do not accept posts dealing in the sale or transfer of tortoise-shell and other products protected by the 1973 Endangered Species act. This includes picks made from antique shells. We also do not allow the posting of antique ivory products.
- Ads posted looking for musicians to play in bands or for performances should be posted on the forum.
- Use of New Ad or Reply feature to make inappropriate statements (mocking products, intentionally bogus ads, threatening others, slander, bullying, expressions of political and religious views, inappropriate sexual references, stalking, etc.) will not be tolerated.
- No ad promoting activities that would be illegal under the laws of this State or Province, this Country, or of the state or country of domicile of the person posting the ad shall be allowed.
- Mispresented items, submission of false keywords or insertion of other false and misleading information is a violation of our guidelines.
- Openly posted emails will be removed for your safety. It is dangerous to post your email in the body of the ad. If someone contacts you directly and bypasses our "Reply to Ad" tool and you are scammed, we will be unable to assist you because we will not have access to a wide range of information that feature captures. In addition, you're placing your email address on the internet for spam bots to harvest. The "Reply to Ad" section of every ad allows users permitted to use this resource to contact you without exposing you to unnecessary danger.
- The Banjo Cafe reserves the ultimate discretion as to when ads are in violation of these guidelines.
Thank you. We hope that these guidelines will make the Cafe Classifieds more enjoyable for everyone.