New Ome North Star Resonator Banjo - Woody
New. Serial number 7002.
Mahogany 11" banjo. Antiqu'ed brass hardware.
Maple rim. Mahogany neck with flat Gabon Ebony fingerboard. “Woody” tone ring is integral to the Maple rim. Double-cut traditional peghead with North Star mother of pearl inlay pattern. Ebony peghead veneer. Truss rod cavity near nut. Bone nut. Fingerboard has small dot inlays with three larger inlays at 5th, 12th, and 22nd fret. Lighter wood layer seen beneath fingerboard. Mahogany neck has beautiful C-shape to it. The grain is nice and straight down the bowl and the color is honey. Gabon Ebony heelcap with stylized diamond inlay. Handsome ropey Mahogany figure in resonator with tortoise celluloid bindings at top and back edge.Three-ply Maple rim is finished out with black cap on bottom. 24 hooks and nuts. Traditional OME two coordinator rod construction. All hardware antiqu’ed. Antiqu’ed Gotoh tuners with iridescent amber buttons. Handsome wooden armrest.
Thoughtfully, OME built this banjo with ball-end nuts beneath the flange so that a player could remove the resonator and not be uncomfortable playing this banjo as an open-back. Satin varnish finish. The tone is really great. Solid sound right out of the box. This is a wonderfully handmade banjo, made in the U.S.A. in Boulder, Colorado.
Comes with original hard shell case.
Ad Number 135324
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 02:34 PM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 229
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other current ads by this individual:
• 2006 Prucha Bat Presentation Banjo
• 1988 Flatiron A-5 Mandolin
• Used Mann Em8 Electric 8-Str Mandolin - Reduced
• 1960 Gibson Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty"
• New Blues Hardware B-Model Mandolin
• Used Mid-Missouri M-0 Mandolin
• Old Wave C# Two-Point Oval Hole Mandolin - Sale
• 2005 Weber Yellowstone - Custom Cedar Top Mandolin
• Don Dryer A Model Mandolin #12
• Collings MF5 Deluxe Varnish Mandolin
• 1996 "Givens Legacy" A-6 Mandolin By Steve Weill
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin - Reduced
• New Ome Jubilee 12" Open-Back Banjo
• 1935 Martin 000-28 Guitar
• 1922 Vega Tubaphone 5-String Banjo
• 2006 Will Kimble F-5 Mandolin "Butch Baldassari" #2 Of 5
• 1979 Givens F-5 Mandolin - Reduced
• Recent Hohner A Model Mandolin