New Blues Hardware Oval Hole B Mandolin - Sale
New mandolin handmade in Helena, Montana with Myrtle and local Engelmann Spruce. We are proud to offer these fine made-in-Montana mandolins at an affordable price. Built tough enough to go in a gig bag on your bike, toneful enough for satisfying picking, and distinctive for the bright lights of stage.
New. Serial number B-001.
Width at nut: 1 1/4″.
Montana-harvested Engelmann Spruce top, with nice honey color bringing out the grain. Myrtle back and sides with distinctive Sycamore binding showing on top, back, and sides. Maple neck with comfortably radiused Jatoba fingerboard. Corian side dot inlays. Jatoba bridge with matching rosette inlay, tailpiece cover, and stylized strap hook. Maple peghead overlay with carved maple art attached. The builder says the wood piece represents a stylized fiddle scroll, but we think it is also exciting to imagine it as a snake, which matches the intertwined Myrtle/Jatoba inlay in peghead. Nickel tuners with pearloid buttons. Maple pickguard is suspended over top by carbon fiber attachment. Blues Hardware tailpiece.
This mandolin is new in the sense that YOU will be its first owner, however it was built a couple years ago and has traveled with the builder as a “demo” model to showcase the B-model mandolin. Therefore, it has a few very minor hard to find finish flaws from being shown. But the good news is… since this mandolin has had some time to open up and be played more, it has a more fully developed sound. The lows are deep and toothy. Overall, the mandolin is quite powerful, surely loud enough to project across a picking circle. There is a nice sound up higher as well, with good sustain.
The builder, Tom Sheehy wants us to remind you just how sturdy and durable his instruments are. He builds for function, and beauty comes right along in the curves of natural woods and the shape of his innovations. The components were uniquely designed by Mr. Sheehy for structural soundness, tone quality, and ease of repair. (The neck comes off readily).
We are proud to offer these fine made-in-Montana mandolins at an affordable price. Built tough enough to go in a gig bag on your bike, toneful enough for satisfying picking, and distinctive for the bright lights of stage.
Sounds sample on our web site.
Ad Number 135945
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 10:44 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 267
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other current ads by this individual:
• Apitius Grand Artist F Model Mandolin
• Pono Octave Mandolin Mnd-20H
• 1996 "Givens Legacy" A-6 Mandolin By Steve Weill
• Used Mid-Missouri M-0 Mandolin
• Old Wave C# Two-Point Oval Hole Mandolin - Sale
• Don Dryer A Model Mandolin #12
• Collings MF5 Deluxe Varnish Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware B Mandolin
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin - Reduced
• 1935 Martin 000-28 Guitar
• 1964 Gibson Pb-250 Special Plectrum Banjo
• New Don Dryer Mandolin A-5 No. 11
• 1922 Vega Tubaphone 5-String Banjo
• 2006 Will Kimble F-5 Mandolin "Butch Baldassari" #2 Of 5
• 1938 Gibson J-35 Guitar w/ Hc
• C. 1970's R.L. Givens Kit Mandolin (A-3)
• Custom Mastertone Style Mahogany Banjo - Wreath Inlays
• 2000 Harold Kolbeck A-Model Mandolin