Apitius Grand Artist F Model Mandolin
A very nice Custom Grand Artist F5 from Oliver Apitius.
SN#1028. Width at nut 1 1/8″.
Exc condition. We are always excited to get ahold of Apitius Grand Artist F model mandolins in our shop. This is a great playing mandolin with a refined voice that also happens to be quite beautiful.
Highly figured Maple back, sides and neck. Back is 2-pc book-matched. Body has white/black/white binding seen from the front, back, and sides of body. Multiple lines seen around peghead and along fingerboard.
Dyed pearwood peghead veneer with Apitius logo abalone inlay at top and elaborate abalone Vine inlay in center. Peghead shows white/black/white binding on front and side, while fingerboard has multiple line along the sides.
Ebony fingerboard is radiused, with fresh EVO frets and abalone dot inlays and tortoise colored side dots. Sunburst finish has depths and highlights that are warm and inviting.
Classic double-cut fingerboard extension, scalloped away after the 18th fret.
Gold Schaller tuners with solid pearl buttons. Etched, gold-plated “Apitius” tailpiece cover. Ebony two-pc adjustable bridge.
Comes with good Hardshell Case.
The set-up is very good, with nice low action. The sound is really good… look for us to post sound samples soon…
Ad Number 136485
Posted: Mar 9, 2019 11:02 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 267
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other current ads by this individual:
• Apitius Grand Artist F Model Mandolin
• Pono Octave Mandolin Mnd-20H
• 1996 "Givens Legacy" A-6 Mandolin By Steve Weill
• Used Mid-Missouri M-0 Mandolin
• Old Wave C# Two-Point Oval Hole Mandolin - Sale
• Don Dryer A Model Mandolin #12
• Collings MF5 Deluxe Varnish Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware B Mandolin
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin - Reduced
• 1935 Martin 000-28 Guitar
• 1964 Gibson Pb-250 Special Plectrum Banjo
• New Don Dryer Mandolin A-5 No. 11
• 1922 Vega Tubaphone 5-String Banjo
• 2006 Will Kimble F-5 Mandolin "Butch Baldassari" #2 Of 5
• 1938 Gibson J-35 Guitar w/ Hc
• C. 1970's R.L. Givens Kit Mandolin (A-3)
• Custom Mastertone Style Mahogany Banjo - Wreath Inlays
• 2000 Harold Kolbeck A-Model Mandolin